The topic of Baptism sparks some fairly intense emotions and responses from people of faith. There are two basic positions within orthodox belief. There is the paedobaptist position, also known as infant baptism. And there is the credobaptist position, also known as believer’s baptism. This page is meant to be a page with resources that are helpful for those wanting to engage in this debate in a meaningful way.
- What Is Baptism? (Crucial Questions) by R.C. Sproul (FREE)
- Everyone’s a Theologian by R.C. Sproul
The treatment in this book won’t be as extensive as Sproul’s booklet on Baptism and will largely be the same argument. I include it because this book is outstanding on so many topics.
- The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin
Of course, you really need to engage with John Calvin’s arguments on the topic. I mean… it’s John Calvin!
- Baptism is Not Enough: How Understanding God’s Covenant Explains Everything by John G. Crawford
- The Baptism Debate: James White vs Gregg Strawbridge
- Baptism Debate with R.C. Sproul and John MacArthur
- The Baptism of Disciples Along by Fred A. Malone
This book is published by Founders Ministries (very good resources). It is one of the books that was recommended to me by Pastor Jeff Pollard of Mount Zion Bible Church. I am currently working my way through this book.
- The Priesthood of the Plebs: A Theology of Baptism by Peter J. Leithart
I have not begun reading this book yet. It was recommended to me by Pastor Uri Brito of Providence Church.
And now for something a little less serious…